In order to reach the maximum reach of 30 feet, we recommend all users have a minimum flow rate of 6.3 GPM (gallons per minute).
If you have less than 6.3 GPM, you will still be able to use OtO, you will just spray less than 30 feet.
If you have more than 6.3 GPMI, you will only be able to reach the maximum distance of 30 feet.
How to measure your flow rate
- Place the hose's end in a 5 gallon bucket (or other known volume) and turn the faucet on all the way.
- Use a timer to keep track of how much time it takes for the bucket to fill up. If it takes 5 minutes to fill the bucket with 5 gallons of water, then you know that the flow rate is 1 gallon per minute.
How to measure your water pressure
In some cases, understanding your water pressure may also be helpful in determining if OtO will work for you. We recommend a minimum water pressure of 50 PSI, but if your flow rate is still too low, you may still not be able to reach the maximum distance.
- Remove the hose from the faucet that you'd like to be connected to OtO.
- Attach a water pressure gauge directly to the faucet. Hand-tight should be enough, but you may need to use a wrench if the connection leaks a bit. A good seal is necessary for an accurate reading,
- Turn the faucet all the way, then read the pressure on the gauge's dial.