Your Max Reach is the maximum distance OtO can water at, based on your water pressure. The app will notify you when you are setting up a zone.
Based on a flow rate of 6.3 GPM (gallons per minute), in the majority of cases, you will be able to reach a maximum of 30 feet.
If you have a flow rate that is greater than 6.3 PGM or a water pressure that is greater than 50 PSI, you will NOT be able to spray further than 30 feet.
Due to differences in water pressure at each individual residence, in some cases you may not be able to reach 30 feet.
If your home has a lower water pressure or flow rate when you are setting up, you will still be able to set up a zone, however you will not be able to reach 30 feet.
How will I know if I've reached my maximum distance?
When you are setting up a new zone, you may want to start by figuring out what your max distance is so you know if your device is in a good place.
- In Zone Setup Mode, aim the nozzle towards the farthest point of your zone.
- Press and hold the "up" arrow ( )until the water stops moving. When you are no longer able to get any further, you have reached your maximum distance based on your water pressure. You will get a notification in the app when this distance is reached.
What if I can't get 30 feet?
There are several factors that influence how far OtO is able to water. Consider the following in order to reduce water pressure and flow rate loss:
- Check that the water source is turned on all the way.
- Ensure there are no kinks or sharp turns in the hose.
- Remove any quick connectors or other objects that may cause restrictions along the line.
- Keep hose short. We recommend a hose that is less than 50 feet in length.
- Use a wider hose. We recommend a high-quality hose with an 5/8 inch ID or greater.