Your Max Reach is the maximum distance OtO can water at, based on your water pressure. The app will notify you when you are setting up a zone.
Based on a flow rate of 5.6 GPM (gallons per minute), in the majority of cases, you will be able to reach a maximum of 30 feet.
Due to differences in water pressure at each individual residence, in some cases you may not be able to reach 30 feet.
If your home has a lower water pressure or flow rate when you are setting up, you will still be able to set up a zone, however you will not be able to reach 30 feet.
Can OtO ever spray FURTHER than 30 feet?
No. Even if you have a flow rate that is greater than 5.6 GPM, you will NOT be able to spray further than 30 feet.
How can I measure my flow rate?
You can measure your flow rate by timing how long it takes to fill up a bucket of a known quantity. For details, check out this article!
How will I know if I've reached my maximum distance?
When you are setting up a new zone, you may want to start by figuring out what your max distance is so you know if your device is in a good place.
- In Zone Setup Mode, aim the nozzle towards the farthest point of your zone.
- Press and hold the "up" arrow ( )until the water stops moving. When you are no longer able to get any further, you have reached your maximum distance based on your water pressure. You will get a notification in the app when this distance is reached.
What if I can't get 30 feet?
There are several factors that influence how far OtO is able to water. Consider the following in order to reduce water pressure and flow rate loss:
- Check that the water source is turned on all the way.
- Ensure there are no kinks or sharp turns in the hose.
- Remove any quick connectors or other objects that may cause restrictions along the line.
- Keep hose short. We recommend a hose that is less than 50 feet in length.
- Use a wider hose. We recommend a high-quality hose with an 5/8 inch ID or greater.
- Consider your water flow rate. OtO is only able to reach 30 feet with a flow rate of 5.6 GPM or greater.