There are a few factors to consider when deciding on where to install your OtO smart sprinkler device.
The OtO smart device can spray a radius of approximately 30 feet if you have a water pressure of at least 50 PSI. Therefore, each unit can cover up to 2,800 sq ft.
- Within this radius you can set up to 10 uniquely shaped zones.
- Not sure how big your lawn is? Use our handy lawn visualization tool to find your ideal setup.
OtO uses the internet to communicate with the mobile app and set weather-adjusted schedules. It is only compatible with the 2.4 GHz band and generally speaking, the closer you can put your OtO to your house the better. We recommend using a mesh network when possible. -70 dBm or greater signal is recommended for reliable connections.
Note: certain dual-band Wi-Fi routers broadcast both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz networks under the same SSID. Prior to setting up your new OtO unit(s), please make sure your phone is connected to the 2.4 GHz band.
- Depending on the router model, you may temporarily disable the 5.0 GHz network during setup. Alternatively, you may create a guest network on 2.4 GHz for your OtO unit(s) only.
⬆️ Install up high or on the ground
OtO comes with a unique mounting bracket that allows you to install the device into the ground so it blends in with your garden, or drilled into a fence or the side of your house for better solar access, and unobstructed spraying to your lawn.
- All installation accessories are included.
- We do not recommend mounting higher than 4-5 feet from the ground due to diminishing returns on the water stream.
- If you are having trouble keeping OtO upright in loose soil, consider drilling the bracket to a piece of wood and burying it in the ground.
The OtO device can be powered entirely using the on-board solar panel, or it comes with a 50-foot outdoor wall adapter.
The built-on solar panel requires a minimum of 3 hours of direct sunlight per day. It should be placed in a primarily sunny location where it will not be affected by shadows from the house, leaves, trees, etc.
You may find that you will need to relocate the device slightly in the winter versus the summer.
The wall adapter may be used as a permanent power source if your yard does not get enough sunlight, or it can be used as an occasional charge boost.
💡Need more power? We also offer an external solar panel accessory that enables you to leave OtO in the shade. Buy it now.
For more installation help, visit this article.
For any additional questions about installation or placement, don't hesitate to reach out to us through the app or at email@example.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.