The OtO device uses Bluetooth connectivity from your mobile device when editing zone boundaries and Wi-Fi credentials.
Connecting to Bluetooth
When you set up your OtO device for the first time you will be prompted to connect to your mobile's Bluetooth.
- Your OtO device's status light will blink blue, indicating it is searching for a signal.
- Select your OtO device from your list of nearby Bluetooth devices (you're looking for "otoXXXXX")
- Once OtO has connected to Bluetooth, the status light will glow solid blue.
|Status light not blinking blue upon turning switch / pressing button (depending on hardware version)||Battery is dead||Charge the device using the provided wall adapter for a minimum of 8-24 hours (checking intermittently).|
|Not staying connected or connecting to Bluetooth (connecting and disconnecting)||Battery could be low||
Charge the device using the provided wall adapter for a minimum of 8-24 hours (checking intermittently).
If the above does not solve the issue, please try using another phone.
|When setting up a new device, cannot find OtO on the "Choose Your Device" page||Phone location is turned off||Turn your phone's location on|
|When creating or editing a zone, app stuck on zone setup screen (spinning)|
Is OtO always connected to Bluetooth?
No. OtO is only required to connect to Bluetooth to perform the following functions:
- Setting and editing zones
- Setting and editing the Wi-Fi network