What does Rain Skip do?
Watering or applying lawn treatment products right after / right before heavy rain is inefficient and wasteful.
As long as you have Weather Intelligence and Rain Skip enabled for your zone, OtO will not water when aggregated local precipitation of the past 24 hours and the next 24 hours exceeds the threshold that you have set.
How do I enable Rain Skip for my OtO?
- In the OtO Lawn app, select the device that you would like to configure
- Select the zone you would like to configure
- Note: Each zone has separate Rain Skip configurations
- Toggle the dropdown menu on the top-right corner and select Edit Schedule
- Tap on Rain Skip to enable the feature and select the desired 24-hour threshold
Water or Apply Solution Anyway
With Rain Skip enabled, a notification will be sent when a scheduled watering or solution application has been cancelled due to rain. However, you may choose to override the cancellation and water/apply solution anyway.
Within the OtO Lawn app:
- Navigate to the device details page
- Tap on the 'Water Anyway' or 'Apply Anyway' button
- Tap on 'Confirm' to let OtO start watering/applying solution
- Note: It may take up to 5 minutes for OtO to wake up and start. Toggle the switch to wake up OtO sooner