On November 20, 2020, we pushed several updates to the OtO Lawn app that addressed multiple feature requests and bugs. Some of these features are still being ironed out, but should address some of the main concerns we received from users.
How to activate these improvements:
1. Update the app once it becomes available to you. Android is now available on the Google Play store and iOS should be available on the Apple App Store before Monday as there is a more stringent review process.
2. Update the app as you would any other app on your phone.
You should see a difference in the appearance of your app immediately.
- Time Restrictions menu was removed.
- Added a Set Watering Time drop down to Scheduling Options. This is now how users can set watering time. Should be more intuitive then the time restrictions page.
- Added disable intelligence button. This will turn off all weather checks and simply water the quantity you set on your zones (Zone tab > Watering Limit) on the days you set (in Scheduling Options).
- Added a Water Now button. This will force your OtO to water the zone fully without requiring a Bluetooth connection. Please note that it will take around five minutes for OtO to start watering as it will need to wake up from its sleep cycle. It will water until it fully completes the cycle. If you would like to stop OtO during that cycle, please turn off the water at the tap for about 5 minutes. We will be adding a better implementation of this that will allow you to turn it off and on via the app in the future.
Intelligence and Backend:
- Added an intelligence disable feature. This will turn off all weather checks and simply water the quantity you set on your zones on the days you set.
- Max wind speed for watering was increased from 10 km/h to 20 km/h (6.2mph to 14mph).
- Fixed bug that would cause OtO to water 360 degrees when running some zones.
- Updating the path algorithm to allow OtO to be programmed inside the watering zone.
- App UI/UX changes to give users more control, customization, and data on their units.
- A hard stop to the rotation of the ball valve to make calibration more intuitive.
- Improved control of the water stream.
If you have any feedback, suggestions, or feature requests, we'd love to hear them. Comment below or shoot us a note at email@example.com!