If you're in a region that drops below 41°F (5°C) in the winter months, you must store the OtO device indoors to prevent it from being damaged.
In order to preserve the battery, you should put OtO in Winter Mode by following the directions below.
NOTE: The OtO Lawn App will alert you to put OtO in winter mode if the weather is expected to drop below 32°F (0°C) within the next 7 days.
These steps could also be used any time you want to put OtO away for a long period of time.
How to Enable Winter Mode on OtO
- Using the OtO Lawn app, go to the Overview Page or the Device Details Page.
- Click on the gear symbol on the top-right corner.
- Select Enable Winter Mode. A new window will open and you can tap Confirm to proceed.
- Once successful, you will see on your overview page that Winter Mode has been activated for the device.
- Turn off the tap and detach the hose.
- Remove and safely store any leftover solution bottles from the device.
- Remove the device from the mounting bracket.
- Holding the device upright with the hose connection facing down, gently let the device drain completely of water.
- Store indoors in an area that does not get colder than 41°F (5°C).
Spring Awakening: How to take your OtO out of Winter Mode
- Even if your device was in winter mode, it's a good idea to plug it in for a short period of time using the provided power cable.
- Open the OtO Lawn app and go to the device overview page.
- Press Toggle Winter Mode to turn it off.
- Turn the switch (or press the button, depending on your version) on the device to wake OtO back up.
- Reinstall OtO in the same place it was positioned last summer. It will remember all your zones and settings.
Don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com should you have any difficulties using Winter Mode.