A newly seeded area will require a special watering routine as you'll want to keep your seeds moist.
The best way to do this is to water lightly multiple times a day.
OtO can help automate this process.
How to get OtO to water multiple times per day
As of writing, there is no setting in the app that allows you to water the same zone multiple times per day. That being said, there are several reasons why you may want to water the same spot multiple times per day:
- Extreme heat temperatures
- A zone with a tree needs extra water or it prevents grass from growing under it
- Seeding and over-seeding the lawn
- When laying down sod
OtO CAN water multiple times per day if you layer multiple zones on top of each other.
- Create a zone over the area you would like to water multiple times per day. Let's call this Zone A.
- Tap on the Zone from the Device Home page.
- Tap on the settings menu to edit the watering schedule. In this example, we will water Zone A every day at 6:00 AM.
- Return to the Zone overview page and set the Watering Limit to the lightest setting possible so the seeds are not drowned.
- Create a second zone in exactly the same way, in exactly the same place as Zone A. We will call it Zone B.
- Follow the same instructions in step 2 and 3 to edit Zone B's schedule. In this example, we will set the zone to water every day but at 1:00PM to keep the seeds moist. We will set the Water Limit to the lightest setting possible so that the seeds are not flooded.
Repeat for as many times as you need to water in a single day!
Can a zone be duplicated?
It is not possible to duplicate a zone. Each zone must be created individually from scratch.
What if OtO's spray is too harsh?
Depending how far away you are watering from the device, OtO's spray may be very heavy for delicate seeds and seedlings. To work around this, lay down straw over top of the seeds. This will buffer them from the spray and can be raked away once the seedlings have been established.