Using the OtO device, you can effortlessly, automatically apply lawn and garden treatments, delivered directly to your door. Buy OtO solutions here.
How to Add a New Solution Bottle or Replace One
- In the app, open Device Overview and select the bay you want to change.
- Scan the QR code on the bottle.
- Remove the bottle cap and place opening side up inside the designated slot.
- Attach the OtO feed cap, screwing hand-tight and close the lid.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete process by assigning it to your zone(s).
The app will let you know when a bottle has been depleted and needs to be replaced. To replace a bottle, simply dispose of the empty bottle and scan-in the new bottle.
How it Works
Every OtO solution is programmed with it's own default schedule, application rate, and concentration rate based on best practices of that product.
- Generally, using the default application settings will get you the results you're looking for, however, you can customize it's application schedule in each zone.
- Each OtO unit can contain up to 3 bottles.
- Solutions can be applied to all zones, or you can select individual zones.
- Solutions can also be applied immediately or on an ad-hoc basis using the "Apply Manually" function on the Zone Page.
- You can assign up to three different solutions to one zone, however they will be applied independently (i.e. solutions are never mixed).
- The app will let you know via push and in-app notification when a solution is being applied.
My solution is not applying.
This may happen if the solution was not properly installed or assigned to a zone. If the feed line (the clear tube that connects the feed cap to OtO) is perfectly clear and you cannot see any solution residue, it is likely that the solution is not applying correctly.
- Firstly, double check that the solution is assigned and enabled to the zone. You will see the solution as "Active" in the zone that you are trying to apply the solution to.
- Double check the feed cap was properly screwed onto the bottle. If the threads are not properly lined up, the bottle will not seal and OtO will not be able to pull solution from the bottle.
- Double check the feed line has not been disconnected, broken or damaged.
- Double check that the solution has been correctly installed in the OtO app. OtO can only apply solutions that have been correctly installed.
- To make sure a solution has been installed, go to the Device Home page >> Scroll down to the "Solutions" section. If you have solutions installed, their icon will appear in the bay of the device illustration. In the photo below, a bottle of Lawn Food+ has been successfully installed in the middle (blue) bay.
4. Double check in the OtO app that the solution is ACTIVE in the zones you want it to be applied to. OtO will only apply the solution to zones when it is ACTIVE.
- To Activate a solution in a zone, go to the zone >> Scroll down to "Solutions" >> Tap on the solution icon >> Flick the "Active" switch to ACTIVATE or DEACTIVATE it. In the photo below, Lawn Food+ is ACTIVE in this particular zone.
If you're still having issues, we're here to help! So we can assist you faster, submit a ticket through the app (Main menu > Report an Issue). Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A friendly Customer Care agent will be happy to assist you there!
How long does each bottle of solution last ?
Each bottle of solution lasts 2 months.
Will the app let me know if I need to replace a bottle?
Yes, you will be able to see how much solution is remaining in your bottle from the Device Overview page as well, the device will send you a push notification when your solution runs out.
What other products will you offer in the future?
If you have a product request, please email us about it at email@example.com!
Does OtO apply two solutions at once?
No, each solution is diluted with water and applied one at a time to prevent mixing.
Does OtO apply water and solution at the same time?
OtO water events and solution events happen separately. For example, if you have a scheduled water event and a scheduled fertilizing on the same day at the exact same time, they will run consecutively (one right after the other).
Can I move a bottle of solution to a different device?
Yes, you can move a bottle of solution to a different device as long as the device is under the same user account and you still have the bottle's QR code. NOTE: The bottles were not designed to be moved from device to device frequently. Doing so may affect your results.
1. Go to the Device Home page.
2. Scroll down to the "Solutions" section.
3. Tap on the icon of the solution you want to move.
4. Tap "Remove Solution".
5. Go to the Device Home page of the new device that you want to move the solution to.
6. Scroll down to the "Solutions" section and press the plus button of one of the bays.
7. Follow the on-screen steps to install the solution bottle.
Can I use my own solutions with OtO?
OtO only works with OtO-brand products that are specifically programmed and tested for use with the OtO device. Bottles cannot be refilled.
Do I have to use OtO with solutions?
You can use OtO as just a water sprinkler. You do not have to purchase or subscribe to OtO solutions in order to use the device.
Are all of your solutions pet-safe?
Yes, being pet, people, and planet friendly is incredibly important to us. All of our products are pet-safe when used according to the bottle directions. This means not applying any solution directly to pets or people, and definitely not consuming our products.