This article contains all the information you need to learn about and get started with our Stop the Bites®! Tick & Mosquito Control spray for your OtO device.
For full safety, handling, and application details, read the label.
Scheduling Best Practices
The default settings for our Tick & Mosquito Control Spray is twice per week at 2:00AM. In most cases, this will be the optimum time to apply the solution, however if you are looking to make changes to your application schedule, keep the following in mind:
- Spray when mosquitos are most active which is usually after dark because they feed on birds while they are in their nests.
- Avoid spraying in the middle of the day. Mosquitos are usually not active during the day, whereas bees and butterflies are more active. If wet product hits a bee or butterfly, they may be harmed.
- You will need to confirm each application. While our Tick & Mosquito spray is natural, it is a pest control and should be applied with care. Therefore, users will need to confirm in the app that the zone is free from pets, people and other untargeted wildlife before each application. If you do not confirm, OtO will skip the application.
Location Best Practices
Where you spray the solution is important to optimize its effectiveness.
- For best results, spray under shrubs, wood piles, leafy areas and anywhere that is shaded and moist.
- Applying on the grass will most effectively target ticks, while you should try to apply under and around bushy areas (anywhere shady and moist) to target mosquitos.
- You can set zones that are programmed only to apply the Tick & Mosquito Control Spray, i.e. it will never water those zones. Simply select "Solution Only" in the Watering Limit settings.
- Do not spray directly on ponds of all kinds, lakes, rivers or other bodies of water.
- Do not spray on food-baring trees/plants or food-contact surfaces.
My spray isn't working.
Firstly, ensure you are applying the product according to best practices as outlined above. The time and location you apply the product will greatly optimize its effectiveness.
In some cases, it may make more sense to apply the product more frequently. To change your frequency settings: enter the Zone Page > Tap the tick & Mosquito solution > Edit Solution Schedule.
If applying more frequently does not work, try increasing the amount of concentration.
If all steps above do not work, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you further.
All US states (except WA)
NOT available in Canada
2x per week
60 oz. of product per 5,000 sqft every 30 days
Time of day
Day of the week
Number of applications per week
28 fl oz. (828 mL)
|Requires Manual Confirmation||Yes|
|Ideal Application Location||Under shrubs, wood piles, leafy areas and anywhere that is shaded and moist|
|Best Time to Apply||After dark when mosquitos are active|
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Do not allow anyone to enter area while solution is being applied. Do not allow anyone to enter treated areas until spray has dried. Do not spray on food-bearing plants/trees or on food contact surfaces. Read full label here before using.